The HIA recently released their Windows on Housing report which highlights some interesting property related numbers.
Here’s a few:
- After inflation, capital city houses increased by 7% over the past 12 months, 13% in the past five years, and 27% over the decade. (RP data)
- Stamp duty on a median-priced dwelling is $24,100 in Victoria, or 5.0% of the purchase price and $19,200 in NSW, which is 3.6% of the price. (HIA analysis of state revenue office data)
- Number of homes built in Australia last year 167,947
- Number of people in new homes each year 434,788
- Total value of housing construction ($ billion) 69.9
- People employed in housing & construction 1,037,412