Buyer’s agents are licensed property professionals, just like selling agents. However, unlike a selling agent who is driven to get the best possible result for the seller, buyers agents represent investors, home buyers and developers in purchasing their properties.
A buyer’s agent works exclusively for YOU, the buyer, whereas the selling agent works for and is obliged to get the best deal for the seller.A professional buyer’s agent can help you buy property in Melbourne by:
- Saving you time, money and stress by helping you to purchase the perfect property at the best possible price, and under the best terms.
- Researching, negotiating and acquiring the property on your behalf.
- Assessing the real market value of suitable properties to help you make an informed buying decision – don’t be fooled all of the “hype” often generated by sales agents.
- Ensuring you don’t pay too much by not becoming emotionally involved in the auction or negotiation process.
- Saving you time and money by locating suitable properties in a timely manner.
- Sourcing the right investment property in the right location, using our expertise to ensure it will outperform the market averages.
- Helping investors build their property portfolio in a faster and safer way, by representing the investor, not the seller, developer or project marketer.
- Acting in a confidential and professional capacity at all times.
Questions to ask:
- Are you a fully-licensed real estate agent? Be wary of hiring someone who doesn’t hold a Victorian real estate license and hasn’t had years of experience in the property industry. There are people out there calling themselves a buyer’s agents, yet they are not actually licensed estate agents at all. It can be tempting to hire a particular buyer’s agent solely based on their fees, but this is not a good idea. If they provide great service and real added value to their clients, they won’t have to win clients by offering low fees. Instead, their reputation and recommendations should speak for themselves. Don’t risk putting what could be one of the largest purchases in your life in the hands of somebody who hasn’t had the years of experience necessary to investigate and negotiate on your behalf – when choosing a buyer’s agent in Melbourne, choose an experienced, professional Metropole agent.
- Are you a member of the Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV)? If so, this should give you the reassurance that they are operating to professional industry standards. Metropole buyer’s agents are members of the relevant industry body in their state, so you can be sure they will adhere to the appropriate codes of conduct and ethics.
- Do you have current professional indemnity insurance? If something goes wrong with your property purchase you will have absolutely no recourse if your buyer’s agent is not appropriately insured. This is one of the most important questions to ask during the process of finding a buyer’s agent.
- Are you a dedicated buyer’s agent? Make sure they are not just a division of a regular real estate agency, or a one man band working from home or out of a post office box. A so-called “buyer’s agent” can’t possibly offer a high standard of service when searching and negotiating for properties for their clients unless they are a dedicated professional who is focused solely on this process, without any conflicts of interest.
- Do you specialise in home buying or property investment? Buying investment properties requires certain expertise and strategies, to ensure you maximise the capital growth and rental return of your property. Most buyer’s agents don’t even understand, let alone specialise in, property investment. If you are an investor, ensure your buyer’s agent has experience in purchasing property as investments, and a proven track record. If you are buying your next home make sure your buyer’s agent fully understands your needs, including your desired location, the specifics of the home and your financial situation.
- Can you provide a reputable team of professionals to help me make a more informed investment decision? Do they have a proven team of solicitors, accountants, property managers, builders and pest inspectors to ensure you buy the right properties and maximise your investment returns? When choosing a buyer’s agent in Melbourne, it makes sense to choose one with all the right industry connections, to save you time and money. At Metropole, we have the full complement of real estate and building professionals at our disposal.
- Do you have access to “silent sales”? At Metropole Melbourne Buyers Agents, many of the properties we purchase never hit the public market. We hear about these properties before they are listed on the online real estate sales sites, so our clients have the opportunity to access them before anyone else. It is imperative that your buyer’s agent has spent years cultivating excellent personal relationships with all the real estate agents in the area you are planning to purchasing in, so as soon as the best properties come up for sale, you’ll be notified before the general public. Most of these properties are sold before they ever get advertised to general public – often to a lucky Metropole investor. When you’re finding a buyer’s agent in Melbourne, you want one with the right connections, like our agents at Metropole.
- Does their buyers agent have access to “silent sales”? At Metropole Melbourne Buyers Agents, many of the properties we purchase never hit the public market. It is imperative that your buyers agent has years of personal relationships with all the real estate agents in the area you are looking at purchasing in, so as soon as properties come up for sale you have access to them before they go to the general public. Most of these properties are sold before they ever get advertised to general public.